Job Description: Accounts Manager
Pyragraph is looking to hire an Accounts Manager to help us grow our Sponsor and Advertiser base, and help manage/develop other income streams. Some of our monetization strategies are already established; others are in various planning stages. We want a tech-savvy person who can not only sell ads/sponsorships, but also help develop and execute additional plans for monetization.
In a nutshell, we have a solid operation in Editorial and Creative, and want the Accounts Manager to help us monetize our well-loved online publication in strategic, efficient, well-planned ways that fit with our ongoing strategic goals.
The Accounts Manager must have an understanding of evolving trends in online publishing and be able to think outside the box of traditional advertising models.
Required skills and experience include:
- Experience selling advertising for a print or digital publication. Experience with online publishing a plus.
- Solid understanding of trends in online publishing and familiarity with evolving business models for digital publications.
- Solid proficiency with technology including being able to manage email accounts, project management software and other tools to digitally collaborate with a team.
- Strong proficiency with Excel, Google spreadsheets, and/or database apps.
- Experience managing clients with a diplomatic, helpful, positive attitude.
- Strong skills in networking, cold-calling and developing mutually beneficial business relationships.
- The ability to work independently and communicate professionally via email, text and other media.
This is a part-time, independent contractor position. Compensation will include a modest base salary plus commission. Salary/commission rate will depend on experience.
To be considered, please email publisher [at] pyragraph (dot) com
Pyragraph is an online creative career magazine featuring daily first-person posts from working creatives worldwide, sharing entertaining stories and lessons learned. We are building an innovative model of artist-centric publishing, aligning creatives’ need for promotion and creative expression with our editorial goals of sharing stories that help other creatives navigate their own careers.